Akshay Mehndiratta's plagiarism of 2IIM's content
In this webpage, we will highlight and identify instances of plagiarism from the website 2iim.com to URLs on the website Unacademy.com. Find below screenshots of plagiarism committed by Akshay Mehndiratta. This is a sample and not an exhaustive list.
What efforts have we taken prior to this to address this specific issue?
We took the following steps.
1) We highlighted plagiarism issue broadly to Unacademy in February.
2) We gave a list of Educators to Unacademy that included Akshay Mehndiratta’s name in March
3) We commented on Akshay Mehndiratta’s Youtube video on the Unacademy CAT channel stating that the content was from 2IIM’s website.
4) Unacademy then temporarily suspended Akshay Mehndiratta from Unacademy based on our input and communicated this to us by end of March
5) We placed Youtube strikes on Unacademy channel highlighting this issue. We subsequently retracted these strikes. After all this happened, Akshay Mehndiratta’s temporary suspension ended and he was back on the platform. There were again several instances (more than 25) of plagiarism of 2IIM content on the Unacademy platform.
Why is this such a pain point?
The youtube videos were of questions on Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning. These are incredibly tough to construct as they involve elaborate puzzle setting and chart-drawing. Getting the solutions right is also time-consuming. We spend 1-2 days dwelling on this, then construct it and solve it. Then we have 2 independent guys solve it to check this. Subsequently we create the charts and the pictures for the detailed solution. Then we shoot an explainer video for this solution and then upload it on to the website.
At an overall level, we have also filed a suit against Unacademy and obtained an interim injunction on. The details of the injunction can be found here . There have been series of warnings, rounds of simple actions taken, a suit filed in court and an order from court against such educators (details of which have been sent by email to Akshay Mehndiratta).
For a brief outline about 2IIM's case with Unacademy, Click here
For facts in the 2IIM plagiarism claims, Click here
List of screenshots with the relevant links can be found here: